Monday, August 31, 2015

Chocolate Ice Cream Bonbons Summer Dress M 6559


This is my 3rd version of McCall's 6559 dress. This time, in shorter length.


The last maxi version I made, the neckline stretched and got lower and lower as I wore it. On this one, I raised the neckline by 1.5" and widened each shoulder by 3/8". I just wanted to feel a little more secure wearing this version as I planned to wear for work.

As always, 2" petite adjustment at the waist, added the 2" I took there to the hem.  As with the last maxi version, I cut size 8 but graded it to size 10 from the waist to hip and down. It is just a bit more comfortable from lower ab and hip area. I think this gives cleaner silhouette, too.



I wore it for work, indeed, with this vintage butter cream colored silk jacket.



I took it to Japan this sumner. 


And wore it with a short black cotton eyelet jacket. (RTW)

Made with a light weight knit from Marcy Tilton's. I got this fabric at this year's Sewing & Stitchery Expo in Puyallup. This fabric is so smooth, soft, and I love the color combination of the chocolate brown and the cream polka dots. Perhaps a little lighter than you'd want the dress to be, but in the middle of unusually hot summer, I actually appreciated the light weight dress.




I think that the 3/8" wider shoulder worked out very well for me.













2 comments:

  1. I love everything about it. Great on its own and with both jackets, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's such a great pattern, and it comes together so easily!

      Delete