Tuesday, August 25, 2015

McCall's 6559 Summer Dress - Maxi


I know. Everyone is wearing one of these, and I know why now. It is so comfortable. It's McCall's 6559


I made this with cotton/poly blend knit. It feels very nice against my skin. I stay cool in this dress during this unusually hot summer in Seattle. 


Stripes matchy-matched pretty nicely. I'm very happy with this dress. 


This is actually the version 2 that I made of this pattern. I considered the v. 1 (unblogged)  as a wearable muslin and it was a shorter length version.  For this v. 2, I graded size 8 to size 10 from the waist down. I wanted to make a loose fitting, cool summer maxi. Took my usual 2" petite adjustment for the waist height. The whole thing came together very easily and quickly.
 
Love this pattern, and I already made the v. 3.  I'd say, however, that the neckline is a bit too deep especially if your choice of fabric is a light weight jersey. It stretches and the neck line gets lower, and lower.  Something to think about.  I've made an adjustment on my v. 3 which I will blog about soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment