Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Two Tops; M6571 & M6641

Where does the time go?! I wrote this post over a month ago, and totally forgot to post. So here it is. Better late than never. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not sewing for 3+ weeks, I missed sewing.  Upon returning home from the trip, I got busy sewing immediately!


The fabric is a very stretchy cotton/Lycra  blend I got a while ago.


I took my usual 2-inch petite adjustment on the length. 

I followed the directions and fused interfacing on the neck facing, which was quite wide. However I ended up cutting most of it because it felt just so bulky.

It dawned on me that many, if not all, of my RTW T-shirts and tops don't have any neck facings. So, next time I will not even bother with it.  I will simply fold the edge inside and stitch. I like a wider neckline opening better anyway.


That was McCall's 6571. A simple boatneck T-shirt.

 I have been in need of simple tops and wardrobe builders. Of course, I could find some suitable patterns for that in my pattern stash!

Next up is a casual sweatshirt type top.


This one was easy, quick, and fun to make.

Lightweight T-shirt knit. 




With a light weight corduroy!


I've had these two fabrics for a long while, waiting for just the perfect design to show up. 


I have omitted the neckband. This gave me a scoopneck design which I like.


Again, I took the usual 2 inch length adjustment, however, it turned out it wasn't long enough, so I ended up leaving the serged hem as is. 




The pattern being unisex in size, I was expecting the extra small to be still rather on the larger side. But not so much.  It's comfy and I love it. My son wants me to make him a hoodie from this pattern so that's on my list of "To Sew".


Topstitching provided by my trusty 'topstitch machine', my vintage Snger 15–91.




A couple of easy, satisfying projects.

Happy sewing, everyone!








No comments:

Post a Comment