Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Happy Holidays with Happy Recycling!


If you are like me, you may have a stash of fabrics in variety of sizes and colors. Many are too small to be made into a garment, or not even to a bag, yet we can't just toss them. Right?

So I decided to make a reusable gift wrap at the last minute. Cut a random but pretty fabric, large enough to wrap a gift. This one, about 9 x 13. Serged three sides. 


Made two quasi buttonholes. (Awg, don't pay close attention.  Was just trying to get to know my Rocketeer. )

Sew the top ribbon casing. 

It's basically done. 

Found just the right length pretty pink ribbon in my ribbon stash. Threaded it. Well, in retrospect, I could have done it with just one buttonhole. 

This ceramic microwaveable container is going inside the sack. It's filled with chocolate dipped homemade shortbread. My son chose the container. It's for a music lover. 

It's for someone who can't eat wheat, so I made it with almond meal and rice flour. Turned out pretty yummy. Half of them are Matcha (Japanese green tea powder) flavored. Here is the top layer. Just a little tease. 

That was quick and easy. I shall make more in the future. The recipient can reuse it to wrap a gift and give it away, or keep it and use it as a knitting bag, as a lunch sack, or whatever. 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. That's a good idea, and your buttonholes look good. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up making two more sacks like this one. Easy and fun! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete